Data Movement and Migration
A data movement and migration project can be daunting. However, we will work with you to ensure its movement securely and seamlessly. More importantly, GNC Technology are Data Movement and Migration specialists.
Our consultants have extensive experience of large scale migration projects both within the UK and across Europe. In addition, we have experience in smaller migrations from one computer to another. In the meantime, contact us if you have any migration projects including:
GNC Technology have experience in migrating data from many different database types. For example, SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, FileMaker Pro, etc.
Call us on 0333 241 2544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org..uk if you have any questions or would like to to discuss our offer of a free business review.
GNC Technology have developed a migration process designed and proven to deliver successful migration results. As a result, Data Security and integrity are at the forefront of our process. We guarantee you will receive an industry best practice solution.
Free Business Review
This case study shows how we helped Bluefin Advisory Services get smart with data.
Bluefin Advisory Services, is a financial advice and wealth management business. As a result of several acquisitions, it underwent considerable growth. Therefore, more than 40 businesses were bought and amalgamated. Thus, it created a new nationwide financial advice business.
Each business brought its own client relationship management (CRM) sales tool. Consequently, these contained vital and sensitive client data. For example, policy records, commission records, diary entries and complaints.
There was a period of ‘dual running’ after completion of acquisition. In other words, the new users would process all new business in a centralised CRM system. Finally, live client records would be extracted from the old system and merged into the new centralised database.
The problem was, there was no method for migrating commission records. Hence at least one licence had to be retained for each of the old systems.
This resulted in the following issues:
- Retention of circa 40 legacy databases and systems
- License costs were increased
- Server count increased
- Increased overheads on support for IT department
- Users had to access data via multiple systems
- Security risks increased, due for example to users needing to remember multiple login details
- Complaint resolution times rose as a result of problems accessing data
GNC Technology was tasked with resolving the above problems. Rising to the challenge, we:
- Reviewed each database, taking into account data type and age of data to identify records that were no longer needed under the Data Protection Act
- Worked with the various business units on a database-by-database basis and identified what data was needed from each system
- Identified, purchased and implemented a new Document Management System (DMS)
- Built categories for the legacy systems in the new DMS based on user requirements
- Wrote SQL scripts to extract the required data from the legacy systems, exporting the results to a CSV file
- Performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) with business users
- Prepared for decommissioning of legacy systems following successful UAT
- The database / systems count was cut from 42 to three, achieving significant reductions in licence costs
- Cost of IT support was also reduced
- Complaint resolution times improved thanks to faster access to data
- Data security was significantly improved
Date Movement and Migration project
If you have a data migration project that you are looking to materialise or perhaps you have data in various places and would like to know how it can be moved into one system, please call us on 0333 241 2544 or email email@example.com