Why would my company want to be Cyber Essentials accredited?
Last year companies in the UK saw record numbers of fines handed out to companies who had their data breached or compromised. The number is set to rise in 2019 and that is not good news for business nor for customers. By becoming Cyber Essentials accredited you can assure your company and your customers that you are doing everything possible to secure their data and guard against common cyber threats. Being accredited will reassure your customers that you take cyber security seriously regardless of where you are in the supply chain.
GNC Technology Limited can help your company become Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus Accredited. The Accreditation Bodies have been specially selected by the NCSC, National Cyber Security Centre by GCHQ.
Accreditation can be granted quite quickly once the processes and systems are in place and involve 3 simple steps:
- Select the Certification Body via the Accreditation Bodies
- Verify that your IT meets the standards set by Cyber Essentials and is suitably secure. This will include firewalls, secure configuration, user control access, malware protection, patch management
- Complete the questionnaire
We are accredited ourselves and therefore know what is expected and required which means we can work with you. We have help many companies achieve this status.
Accreditation is essential if you are looking to tender for government contracts and some Corporate tenders. It certainly is worthwhile looking into how you can achieve accreditation and we provide full training on any systems your currently have or that we put in place for you and support you throughout.
There are two levels:
- Cyber Essentials is a self assessment process
- Cyber Essentials Plus involves verification via a independent Certification Body.