Why would my company want to be Cyber Essentials accredited?
Last year, companies in the UK saw record numbers of fines handed out to them for data breaches including, the compromising of data. So, unfortunately, this number is set to rise in 2019 and, that is not good news for businesses or customers. By becoming Cyber Essentials accredited, you can assure your staff and, your customers that you are doing everything possible to secure their data and guard against common cyber threats. Being certified will reassure your suppliers that you take cybersecurity seriously regardless of where you are in the supply chain.
GNC Technology Limited can help your company become Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus Accredited. The Accreditation Bodies have been specially selected by the NCSC, National Cyber Security Centre by GCHQ.
Accreditation can be granted quite quickly once the processes and systems are in place and involve three simple steps:
- Select the Certification Body via the Accreditation Bodies
- Verify that your IT meets the standards set by Cyber Essentials and is suitably secure. Additionally, the certification process will include firewalls, secure configuration, user control access, malware protection, and patch management
- Complete the questionnaire
We know what is required as we are certified. Therefore we know the process and understand what is needed. As a result, we have helped many companies achieve this status.
Accreditation is essential if you are looking to tender for government contracts and some Corporate tenders. It certainly is worthwhile looking into how you can achieve certification and, we provide full training on any systems your currently have or that we put in place for you and support you through the process.
There are two levels:
- Cyber Essentials is a self-assessment process
- Cyber Essentials Plus involves verification via an independent Certification Body.